Applications for the Local 1009 Scholarships are being accepted now thru June 21, 2020.
1. Applicant must be a graduating High School senior who will be attending college in the fall of 2020 as a freshman.
2. Applicant must be a son or daughter of an active, deceased or retired member of Local 1009.
Applicants must include the following items to complete the application packet:
1. Applicants name along with the name of the active Local 1009 member they are related to.
Three (3) letters of recommendation. At least one letter must be from the applicants High School Guidance Counselor. Not required for fall 2020 applications.
3. Copy of the applicants High School Transcript. Not required for fall 2020 applications.
4. Copy of an acceptance letter from the College or University the applicant will be attending.
5. A short biography of extracurricular activities.
Mail application items above to:
Worcester Firefighters Local 1009
Attn: Scholarship Committee
625 Chandler St.
Worcester, MA 01602
Deadline: June 21, 2020
Any questions can be directed to any E-board member.