The T. Dustin Alward Memorial Fund is interested in assisting 2022 graduating high school seniors to secure the advantages of post secondary/college education through the funds raised by the Trustees of T. Dustin Alward Memorial Fund. The Trustees will award at least 10 scholarships: a $1,000.00 scholarship to students attending a 4-year college or a $500.00 scholarship to students attending a 2-year college. These scholarships will be awarded to students demonstrating financial need and scholastic aptitude, as well as good citizenship. Scholarships will be awarded on behalf of the T. Dustin Alward Family.
APPLICATION MUST BE RETURNED NO LATER THAN MARCH 31, 2022.
The rules governing scholarships assistance are as follows:
1. No distinction as to race, color, creed or sex shall be drawn in the granting of assistance.
2. Applicants must have a parent or legal guardian, who is a member in good standing of the
Professional Fire Fighters of Massachusetts or a parent, grand parent or legal guardian who is
retired or is a deceased member of the Professional Fire Fighters of Massachusetts.
3. The candidate must be accepted at an accredited post secondary institution.
4. No assistance will be provided to any student who is already receiving or anticipates
receiving a fully paid scholarship, grant or other financial aid in excess of $6,000.00
(not including repayable loans), or acceptance to any Service Academies.
All financial aid will be verified before awarding a scholarship.
5. No request for assistance will be considered until the candidate has provided a
complete application. Failure to complete the application may result in disqualification.
6. Scholarships will be made payable upon receipt of the student’s ID and
a copy of the student’s deposit from the burser’s office
7. All scholarships will be used towards school related expenses such as tuition
8. Complete applications must be returned to:
T. Dustin Alward Memorial Fund PO Box 278 Randolph, MA 02368-0278
Applications must be returned no later than March 31, 2022.